Kandal is my province
Ang Kor Chey Pagoda:
– Description: Ang Kor Chey Pagoda is located at Ban Tey Dek commune, Kean Svay District in total distance of 29,000 km from Phnom Penh or 32,600 km from Ta Khmao by the National Road N0 1 (Phnom Penh-Svay Rieng province). We travel along the National Road N0 1 from Phnom Penh or Ta Khmao to Kilometer 29 then exceed about 50 meters, there is a gate at the right hand side written “Ang Kor Chey Pagoda”. If we enter by trail about 1,600 meter, we will reach the entertainment center. The pagoda constructed with having five peaks as the temple’s peaks. Before reaching the pagoda, we need to pass over a 100-meter wooden bridge; under the bridge, there is a big pond for keeping water during the dry season. Behind the pagoda, three is an artificial site located on the black hill characterized as resident of Neak Mean Bon or King. It is said that the black hill is a former palace because we found ancient objects and equipment like bowls and pot characterizing the ancient feature. Now, the black hill has been organized and maintained.
– Description: Handicraft center is located at Koh Dach Commune, Muk Kampool District at the middle of Mekong River. The commune of Koh Dach has 12-kilometer length and width from 100m to 2,500 Meters, borders Prek Luong commune at the East and Uk Nha Tey commune, Koh Dach district at the west, and faces with the communes of Prek Leap and Bak Kheng, Muk Kanpool District. The commune of Koh Dach has five villages, namely: Koh Dach, Kbal Koh, Lvea, Chong Koh and Neah village. The commune?s Hall is located at Kbal Koh village. Due to flooding of Mekong River flowing from Upper Mekong to Lower Mekong then to Vietnam has caused the area of Kbal Koh guadually collapsed. The main careers of the local people there are: – Planting sub-product crop such as corn, sesame, bean and banana. – Planting fruit tree – Manufacturing mosquito net, silk sarong, Phamuong, Hol, silk krama and running small businesses. The commune of koh Dach has three pagodas, namely Ampor Phal, Kra Pumpich and SaMaki kbal koh.
Kean Svay Krau Pagoda:
– Description: Kean Svay Krau Pagoda is located at Phum Thum commune, Kean Svay District in total distance of 19 km from Phnom Penh or 20 km from Ta Khmao. To get there, we travel along the National Road N0 1 (Phnom Penh Svay Rieng), pass over Preak Monivong bridge (the Kbal Thnol bridge) to kilometer 19, then turn left by a trail into the gate of Kean Svay Krau pagoda in 300-metre distance will reach the entertainment center. The resort of Kean Svay Krau pagoda is located at Kean Svay District and has 10-kilometre distance from Phnom Penh along the National Road N0 1. The resort has the natural beauty decorated by small and big high trees, crop and fruit trees giving cool shadow with green scenery. Long ago it was not a resort; it occurred after 1979 and has main point at Kean Svay Krau pagoda. In additional, the resort is stretched over by an excellent river of Ktob shared from Mekong River flowing across the fertile area with abundant crop farms.
– How to go: 29 km (1h:30mn) From Provincial Town.
– Description: Nature wildlife and Preserves.
– Location: National Road No 6a, Kon Dach Commune, Mok Kampoul District.
Phnom Athareus/Phnom Odong:
– How to go: 51 km (2h) From Provincial Town.
– Description: Nature wildlife and Preserves.
– Location: National Road No5, Cheyodom Village, Psadek Commune, Ponyaleu District
– Description: Phnom Edtharoes located at the Communes of Psardek and Phnom Bat in Ponhea Leu District. The mountain of Edtharoes has three nemes called Phnom Udong or Phnom Preah Reachtrop or Phnom Edtharoes, which can be accessed by National Road No 5 “Phnom Penh-Battambang ” ie from Phnom Penh to the turning road at Kilomet 37 and turn left about 3.50 Kilometers by red soil Road. The total distance from Phnom Penh to the mountain is 40.50 Kilometers. If we go from Ta Khmao to the mountain, the distance is 51.50 Kilometers. The mountain of Edtharoes lasts from the North to the South in a length of 1,500 Meters and its width of 700 Meters. The mountain surrounded by roads including the eastern and western roads. At the North of the mountain, there is Phnom village and at the South, there is Porane village. The mountain has five peaks: The one-stupa peak has equal height to the Tri Treng peak, the mountain peak, the four-stupas peak, The peak of Preah Ang Chol Nipean and the peak of Ariya Kasbak.
– Description: Located at the communes of Ma Kak, Phnom Penh District and Chhving, Ponhea Leu District. To get there ?By the document of Khmer Table Part 6 ? explains that tourists should travel along the National Road N0 5 (Phnom Penh-Battambang) until they reach the Kilometer 38 closed to Udong market, turn left about 16 Kilometers by the National Road N0 26 until they reach the turning road, turn left as long as they reach the Prasith Mountain. Nowadays, visitor do not like to go along the National Road N0 26 which is not in good condition and 100% safe. This road is also the common border of Kandal and Kampong Speu. The popular road to reach the Prasith Mountain is the National Road N0 5, when we reach the turning road at Pred Pnov market in Kilometre 11, turn left about 13 kilometres. The total distance from Phnom Penh to Prasith Mountain is 24 km and from Ta Khmao to Prasith mountain is 35 km. In the future, the National Road N0 26 and other roads to Prasith mountain are in good condition and assuring security.
Sa Ang Mounain:
– Description: Located at Sa Ang commune in distance of 23 km from Ta Khmao or 34 km from Phnom Penh and can be accessible by the New National Road N0 21 (constructed during the Pol Pot time stretching over the plain area of Toul Kra Sang); from Ta Khmao to meet the Old National Road N0 21 at Chhouk Leap Pagoda, Roka Kpos Commune in 12-kilometre distance; from Chhouk Leak Pagoda to the market of Sa Ang District in 5-kilometre distance, turn right 2.5 km by a trail, will reach a gate of a pagoda, then turn right 2.5 km by a trail, will reach the mountain of Sa Ang. The mountain of Sa Ang is a type of natural and cultural site, there is a pagoda constructed at the highest peak of mountain where we can view the beautiful scenery of the surrounding. Sa Ang Mountain does not have many trees as Thon Mon Mountain; but around the pagoda, there is a big lake riches in fish, flowers of Rum Chong and ProLit; besides boating, tourists can enjoy fishing. During rainy season, Sa Ang Mountain seems to be an island surrounded by a vast water.
Tum Pek Pagoda:
– Description: Located at Krang Yau Commune, Sa ang District, Kandal province. Kandal province has 8,000-hectar landarea and 12,700 people. Krang Yau is the developed region of Samdach Hun Sen having projects on development and agricultural product processing; in this region, there are vast rice fields, canal network and good red soil roads connecting from village to village. In Krang Yau pagoda, there are three pagodas, namely: An Det, Kong Nea Ream and Tum Pek pagoda. Among the three pagodas, only Tum Pek pagoda that has been arranged as tourist-attractive site which has eight artificial temples constructed by the supreme dead of the pagoda in the purpose of changing the area as the tourist attractive site by making roads around the pagoda, planting trees along the mountain valley and excavating ponds. In addition the pagoda has arranged one-hectare wedding part for new couple to plant trees as their remembrance; in the eight temples, the pagoda has display the beautiful ancient objects for tourists.
Wat Phnom Reap:
– Description: Historical Sites and Buildings.
– Location: National Raod 5, Svay Oudom Village, Ponsang Commune, Ang Snuol District.
Wat Phnom Thon Mond:
– Description: Wat Phnom Thom Mond is located at Prek Koy Commune, Sa Ang District in the distance of 23.50 Kilometers from Ta Khmao or in the distance of 34.50 Kilometers from Phnom Penh by the National Road No 21. The mountain of Thon Mond can be reached by the National Road No 21 from Phnom Penh to the market of Prek Touch ?the market of Sa Ang District and continue to the turning road at Svay Tany Primary School ?20 Kilometers from Ta Khmao by the new National Road No 21 and turn right about 3.50 Kilometers. If we want to go along Tonle Basac River, the distance of waterway equal to the distance of the old Road No 21 from Phnom Penh to Sa Ang market in the distance of 36 Kilometers. The monastery was built in 1954 by a monk named Rath Phann. Nowadays, by the supports from generous people, the monastery became a tourist attraction in Kandal province. On the other hand, because people believe the goodness and effectiveness of the monastery, the monastery can attract many local visitors, who go there especially on the.
Source: Ministry of Tourism of the Kingdom of Cambodia